Have Irish heritage in your family history? Make a plan to further investigate the Irish side of your family tree and share your goals with us. Here are some ideas:
- Work back a few more generations on one branch of your Irish family tree
- Find naturalization papers that give the county of origin for an immigrant ancestor
- Find the townland in Ireland where your immigrant ancestor was born
- Get in touch with other relatives who share the same Irish genealogy
- Take up Irish baking
- Learn more about and enjoy Celtic music
- Take up or set out to watch Irish dance
- Learn the Irish language
- Plan a trip to Ireland or a place where Irish culture resides
Set some goals for the new school year and share them with us, whether you've begun working on them or not. Hopefully we will all inspire eachother in our quest for Irish family history and in our attempts to make the culture of Ireland more a part of our lives.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, September 22. Submit your entry here. The carnival will be published here at Small-leaved Shamrock on Thursday, September 25. Hope you'll join us! Start setting your goals now and get those school supplies ready!
If you haven't yet read the 7th edition of our carnival, Looking into the heart of Ireland, please do so. Toward the end of the carnival is a list of all past editions for you to enjoy. Happy reading!