Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What's on your genealogy bookshelf?

You may have noticed the Related Reading sidebar that I placed on Small-leaved Shamrock months ago. It provides links to the current books in my Small-leaved Shamrock Library Thing account that relate to Irish genealogy, Pennsylvania, coal mining, railroads, the Civil War and similar topics.
Library Thing has given me a nice way to keep track of books with a focus on these subjects, and to find other books on similar topics that I may be interested in reading.

Now I've discovered another new online "toy" for readers: Goodreads. It is a site that takes the idea of Library Thing one step further. Through Goodreads I have just set up a genealogy group to list and discuss books on subjects related to family history.

Interested in participating? Take a break from those good family history books you're reading and click on this link to join us. I'm looking forward to hearing about what's on your bookshelf.

2 comments:

Bill West said...

Hi Lisa,
Great idea. I've joined and added
four books, although I have a few more that I haven't listed there as yet.

Bill

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Thanks for joining the Goodreads genealogy list. I look forward to seeing more good books listed by you, especially regarding Boston heritage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails