Irish culture is loved worldwide. It is no secret that the love of Ireland is not exclusive to those with Irish blood running through their veins. For this edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture, Small-leaved Shamrock invites you (whether you have Irish heritage or not) to share what you most love about Ireland and the Irish people. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- The wit and wisdom of a particular Irish proverb that you've memorized
- The traditional Celtic song that you first heard in your youth (or that lives currently on your playlist)
- Irish soda bread from the neighborhood bakery
- The village in Ireland that you visited years ago (or on your last vacation)
- The beautiful Aran knit sweater that warms you on chilly days
- The writings of the Irish poets, modern and well-known or ancient and anonymous
- Anything of Ireland or the Irish that you enjoy
Deadline for submissions to the For the love of Ireland edition is this Saturday, November 22nd, the one-year anniversary of the carnival. This edition will be published here at Small-leaved Shamrock on Monday, November 24. See you there!
You can now find most of the "back issues" of the carnival in one convenient place at the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture blog. Happy reading!