Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A little Pennsylvania Irish Valentine tribute

I've been enjoying the Irish Family History blog's Valentine focus this week. I was interested to learn that I'd done four unlucky things the day of my own wedding (I'm so glad I had two lucky ones on the list!). I've also enjoyed the posts on matchmaking and Irish weddings.

In honor of St. Valentine's Day today I thought I would remember some of the married couples in the Cowhey and related family trees whose wedding dates I know (and some I don't).

Here's to all the loving couples in this extended family (several generations back). Without them there would be no family tree!

Patrick and Anne Cowhey

William and Margaret (Foley) Cowhey
Married February 23, 1878 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Pottsville, PA

Robert & Mary (Cowhey) Warden

Alec & Elizabeth (Cowhey) Brown

Thomas & Bess (Hossler) Cowhey

William & Clara (Cowhey) Rodgers

Charles and Agnes (Donnelly) Cowhey
Married September 30, 1913 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Pottsville, PA

John & Blanche (Cowhey) Mokelar

Patrick & Margaret (Graham) Foley

John & Mary (McGonigal) Donnelly
Married May 20, 1886 in St. Clair, PA

John & Anna (Cowhey) McGinley
Married June 1895

John & Frances (Owens) Cowhey

Valentine image thanks to Richard August Neubert Antique Valentine Collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails