Plan to join us for the Back to School edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture. It's less than two weeks away!
Here are the details:
Have Irish heritage in your family history? Make a plan to further investigate the Irish side of your family tree and share your goals with us. Here are some ideas:
- Work back a few more generations on one branch of your Irish family tree
- Find naturalization papers that give the county of origin for an immigrant ancestor
- Find the townland in Ireland where your immigrant ancestor was born
- Get in touch with other relatives who share the same Irish genealogy
Instead of (or in addition to) focusing on genealogy, want to learn more about Irish heritage or culture in general? Choose a topic or task that interests you, and let us know how you plan to learn more about it this coming year. Give one of these a try:
- Take up Irish baking
- Learn more about and enjoy Celtic music
- Take up or set out to watch Irish dance
- Learn the Irish language
- Plan a trip to Ireland or a place where Irish culture resides
Set some goals for the new school year and share them with us, whether you've begun working on them or not. Hopefully we will all inspire eachother in our quest for Irish family history and in our attempts to make the culture of Ireland more a part of our lives.Don't forget to share your plans with us by Monday, September 22 in order to be included in the 8th edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture. The carnival will be published Thursday, September 25.
Never participated in a blog carnival before? For a step-by-step tutorial, see Miriam Robbins Midkiff's How to Submit a Post to a Carnival on the Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers blog.