Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

All I Really Needed to Know About Genealogy I Learned in Kindergarten

Well, not exactly. But it got me off to a great start!

If you are in the Philadelphia area on Thursday, June 18, please join me at the Third Thursday meeting of the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania. I'll be presenting a back-to-basics look at the genealogical research process using Robert Fulgham's well-known essay and examples from my search for my Pennsylvania roots.
3rd thurs jun
"And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK." - Robert Fulgham
We’ll step back and look at some genealogical basics, with a light-hearted but serious eye toward improving the quality of our research process, and finding joy in the genealogical journey as we do! I hope you’ll come out and join us!

1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy! I'm headed to Pennsylvania in July for my 2nd year at GRIP. I'm doing the Pennsylvania research tract & very excited about it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails