Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

News for Smallest Leaf: a new website and a new book!

This week I celebrate my eighth anniversary of blogging here at Small-leaved Shamrock, 100 Years in America and A Light that Shines Again. It has been slow-going at times, but I've stuck with it and look forward to many writing years ahead.

I am thrilled today to announce my brand new website and blog at smallestleaf.com. I have decided to pair my interest in genealogy with my other favorite hobby - poetry! - and use my website to share both.


Many of you have known me as a genealogy blogger for many years, but you may not have known of my love for poetry. Tales from my family tree are a regular source of subject matter for my poems, along with world history, nature, faith and the writing life.

I have just announced the upcoming publication of my first collection of poetry: winner of the Eakin Book Award given by the Poetry Society of Texas. You’ll find the title familiar. I feel a bit like the Irish mother who gives her firstborn a name that has been in the family for generations. My poetry collection is entitled (surprise!): Smallest Leaf. You can read more about my new book on the Poetry page at my website.

Thanks to all of you readers who have followed me over the years! I hope you'll stick around for what's to come. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Jacqi Stevens said...

Eighth anniversary? Quite impressive. You are an inspiration. Congratulations!

Jana Iverson Last said...

Lisa,

I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/06/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-june-5-2015.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Many congratulations to you! Congratulations on your anniversary, your new blog & your book! I will step over & check out the new website...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails