Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just call me a Michael Phelps wanna-be

It could be that I was a little ambitious when I entered all the categories in the 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games (see the opening ceremonies here). It looks like I wasn't the only one. But still, I'm plugging away at my events, trying to "go for the gold" (or the platinum in some cases) in the midst of life as it continues at full speed.

If you are wondering why it has been so quiet here at Small-leaved Shamrock and my other blogs, it's because I've been focusing on sorting notes, citing sources, preserving pictures and other tasks testing my genealogical muscles. I may not be able to fit in the time to report on what I'm accomplishing (like some have done in wonderful detail), but I'm hoping that the Genea-Blogger Group Games committee will understand and award me for my hard work based on the honor system.

This "competition" has been a great motivation for me to focus on what I've needed to do for a long time: get my family history project organized. It's a tough time of year to do it, yet I'm not sure I have found any time of year better to tackle a new project. You know what they say: "No time like the present."

So, back I go to citing my sources. I've been burning the midnight oil since 2:00 a.m. (or is that another kind of oil) and making slow and steady progress. Cheer for me in the stands, if you like! I'm hoping that my efforts will reward me with a trip to the virtual medal stand at the end of these games, not to mention the intangible feeling of accomplishment that means more than any medal, virtual or real.


Note: You can watch my progress by checking Lisa's Games Tally on the sidebar of this blog.

1 comment:

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Good for you, Lisa! Keep burning that oil, whatever the time!

~Elizabeth
Little Bytes of Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails