Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do you know your Irish geography?

If you regularly visit another of my other blogs (100 Years in America), you may know that I've been focusing this week on bringing readers' attention to the geography of our great big world this Geography Awareness Week (November 16-22, 2008). I have started there with the places that were important to the Hungarian and Croatian branches of my family.

Thus far, I have posted geography quizzes on:

Hungary
Croatia
Hungary prior to 1918 along with historic Austria-Hungary
New York City (where many of my immigrant ancestors settled)

My blog focusing on my Boston Irish ancestors (A light that shines again) couldn't be left out this week, so it has jumped in with some quizzes for you to test your knowledge of the city of Boston.

I know I can't cover the entire world in one week (although it is a worthy long-term goal), but I couldn't pass up the chance to quiz my readers on their knowledge of the geography of Ireland. What better place to do so than right here at Small-leaved Shamrock?

If you have a love for Ireland, have visited the Emerald Isle, or have any type of interest in Ireland, try your hand at these quizzes to "test your luck" and show what you know about Irish geography. If you're like me, you'll find yourself humbled.

Cities of Ireland quiz

Counties of Ireland quiz

National Parks of Ireland quiz

Map of Ireland and Northern Ireland courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails