Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Five days left: Tell us your "key to Ireland"

You have five days left to submit your article for the next edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture. This edition will focus on the theme: My key to Ireland and will be dedicated to the stories of genealogists tracing their Irish family trees.

If you have found your ancestral county or village in Ireland, just how did you find your way there? What resources led you to learn the original county or townland or your ancestors? Tell us how you did it and what your feelings were when you made the exciting discovery.

If you have not yet found the area where your ancestors made their homes in Ireland, tell us about the resources that you hope to use to find out. What records and documents do you hope will lead you to that information? How do you plan to go about the search?

If you have always known the place or places where your family hailed from, tell us about them. What draws you there and what else have you learned throughout your search for family history?

Share with us your Irish genealogy success story or your plans to "get back to Ireland" within the upcoming 11th edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture.

Deadline for submissions to the My key to Ireland edition is Sunday, January 18, 2009. This edition will be published at Small-leaved Shamrock on Tuesday, January 20, 2009. See you there!

Never participated in a blog carnival before? For a step-by-step tutorial, see Miriam Robbins Midkiff's How to Submit a Post to a Carnival on the Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers blog.


Image thanks to kaboodle.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I have just started a genealogy blog. I guess I had never known they existed, guess I should have known. I am also tracing my Irish roots. I have found information in Alleghen County PA and the problem I am facing is that I know the counties where they were from (from family lore, but not documented.) So I am on the quest of finding them in Ireland. It is difficult for me in the respects that there are about 20 Thomas Dowds listed for Mayo County in the era where I had expected to find my great grandfather. I do not mind paying for information, but I do not want to wast monety either....maybe someone else would have some idea on that subject???

http://claudiasgenealogyblog.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails