Welcome (Céad Míle Fáilte!) to Small-leaved Shamrock

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pancakes, candlelight and Irish family history

I've been enjoying reading a new blog whose focus and title is Irish Family History. Begun just last month, the authors of this blog have faithfully written a post a day and covered everything from holidays (like Shrove/Pancake Tuesday, Candlemas and St. Brigid's Day), to Irish naming patterns, to reviews of websites, to how to make a successful genealogical visit to a cemetery.

Stop by today to brush up on your knowledge of Shrove Tuesday, the last day before the season of Lent begins, and get a little headstart on some ideas for what to give up during the Lenten season.

One thing I don't plan to give up is reading this new blog's informative posts.

Welcome to the web, Irish Family History authors!

3 comments:

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Hi Lisa - I found that one the other day, and I also think it's great!

Barbara said...

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for featuring Irish family history. It's going to be handy for newbies like myself, in Irish genealogy.
Have a nice dey.

Noreen said...

Hi Lisa, enjoy reading all the info. My mom is from Limerick and she is also a Cowhey. I wonder if we are realted?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails